The project has three outputs: (i) new secondary school blocks constructed, and operated under EMO program, (ii) teaching capacity in five key subjects improved, and (iii) secondary education examination system strengthened.
MSL (The Teacher Training and Assessment Firm (TTAF)) will be responsible to:
- Undertake a survey of selected SELD and SEF secondary schools to identify the capacity and training needs of secondary school teachers in 5 key subjects: English, mathematics, biology, chemistry and physics;
- Review the existing secondary education teacher training curriculum and prepare/revise training modules for training and mentoring secondary teachers in five key subjects – English, mathematics, biology, chemistry and physics;
- Provide classroom training and in-class mentoring of secondary education teachers by subject specialist master trainers for the five key subjects;
- Develop baseline and endline surveys for measuring teacher capacity;
- Build the capacity of selected Sindh teacher training institutes and the Sindh PITE in five key subjects – English, mathematics, biology, chemistry and physics;
- Support in development of a uniform examination syllabus and specifications for grades 9–12 for BISE in Sindh;
- Support the redesign of the content of board examinations for grades 9-12 to increase their emphasis on critical thinking;
- Undertake gender related activities, including implementing the project gender action plan (GAP) and monitoring progress toward the attainment of GAP outcomes, in consultation with all stakeholders, PIU Gender Specialist and ADB; and
- Promote technology transfer and perform any other task assigned by the EA and PIU.
Timeframe: July 2022 - July 2025
Realated Countries: Pakistan
Client(s): ADB, Government of Sindh (GoS), School Education and Literacy Department (SELD)
Categories: Education and Skills Development, Capacity Building and Management Reform and Human Resources Management, Technical Assistant