Maxwell Stamp Limited implemented IDB funded Grameen Social Business Initiative (SBI) project in order to enhance the quality of life of the poorest segments of societies by supporting social businesses and making available essential services/products, at affordable prices, in line with achieving the Millennium Development Goal (MDG) targets set for the selected countries. The following tasks were carried out by MSL.
- A feasibility study, with an Executive Summary, with examples of SBIs, including an assessment of its operations;
- A Business Plan with the following:
- detailed mechanisms aligned with IDB rules and regulations as well as with Social Businesses principles.
- result oriented with qualitative and quantitative indicators, upon which performance was tracked and assessed.
- a detailed implementation plan with clearly defined tasks and related timeframes.
- a plan detailing the mechanisms of IDB-Grameen SBI investors: contribution of investors, ways to attract them, mobilizing resource and provide necessary support.
- ways of recouping of IDB investments, cash-flows, exit strategies etc.
- legal status & registration, implementation and investments timeline and modality, A detailed project close-out report with all the documentation, information and knowledge that had been created during the course of the project.
Timeframe: July 2010 - October 2010
Realated Countries: Bangladesh
Client(s): Islamic Development Bank (IDB)
Categories: Legal and Regulatory/ Business Plan Development, Project design and Preparation and Feasibility Study