- Building skills in garment production management
- Adopting better people management skills
- Harmonizing codes and audit requirements
- Building awareness of rights and the capacity to enforce them
- Strengthening local audit capacity
- Capacity building and reach on fair trade principles
- Development of training tools to assist replication and expansion of effective approaches.
- Created a network of RAGS Grant holders in India (the network should meet quarterly – monthly from time of contract being issued until February 2011 as projects start-up)
- Collected case-studies on project lessons and project management to disseminate to network and to the Fund Managers
- Ensured appropriate collaboration of projects – in particular, to avoid duplication of project scope and work with partners/stakeholders
- Acted as liaison point between DFID Bangladesh and RAGS projects in Bangladesh and India.
- Liaised with other in-country coordinator (in either India/Bangladesh) to pass on specific country lessons
- Acted as representative of RAGS within India, to field press requests, inform other interested local stakeholders etc.
- Carried out site visits at the Fund Manager’s request to support monitoring and evaluation
- Assisted with the organization of in-country outreach and dissemination events as part of Communications Strategy.
Timeframe: October 2011 - December 2013
Realated Countries: Bangladesh, India, Regional
Categories: Social Protection, Large-scale fund management and contracting of consultancy services, Project Management and Implementation