IFC SME Ventures is seeking to acquire the services of a consulting firm to engage with the Fund and eleven (11) selected portfolio companies to: Carry out a field level survey and analysis to ascertain and validate particular results of the project; and provide a summary of Lessons Learned, successes, challenges and improvements that can be made to future projects of SME Ventures Advisory Services.
MSL will be responsible for:
- Field level survey and analysis on indicator results
- Assess and validate the five (5) Impact, three (3) Outcome and three (3) Output indicators that were reported by the Fund. In addition, the consultant should also assess and validate the delivery of five (5) Output indicators (Reference Annex A, Indicators) that were not recorded, related to workshops and training activities with the SME portfolio. The field level survey should ascertain and describe: i) the delivery method; ii) whether there are any indications of recommendations, procedures or learnings that were absorbed by the SMEs through formal or informal means that can be classified as “training activities”; and iii) record the number of people trained, and general satisfaction and usability of the training provided.
- The Consultants are also required to verify and update any changes in results after the technical assistance project end date of March 31, 2021, on four (4) key Impact and Outcome indicator results. The key indicators for Impacts include i) value of financing facilitated and ii) number of SMEs reporting improved performance. The indicators for Outcomes include i) number of entities that implemented recommended changes and ii) number of recommended changes that were improved at the portfolio SME level.
- Summary of Lessons Learned, successes, challenges and improvements
- A catalogue of successes and challenges from the viewpoints of: i) the portfolio SMEs; ii) the Fund and General Partner; and iii) the technical assistance project.
- Articulate Lessons learned, potential improvements and recommendations to SME Ventures on similar or future advisory projects to optimize effectiveness, financial efficiency and development impacts.
Timeframe: April 2022 - July 2022
Realated Countries: Bangladesh
Client(s): World Bank
Categories: SME and Microfinance and Microenterprise, Research and Study