The objective of the assignment is to design and conduct the assessment (output 1), support the organization of a conference and national and international study tours (output 2), and assist the six advanced urban primary schools and seven associat village primary teaching facilities and the institutes involved in designing and implementing action research projects (output 3).
MSL will be responsible to,
- Develop gender-inclusive framework and tools for assessing existing teaching, learning, and support systems and instructional resources to develop students’ core competencies and reduce rural–urban disparities, as well as gender gaps, if any, in primary education;
- Provide support and guidance in data collection and analysis for the assessment and prepare an assessment report using data collected and analyzed;
- Prepare presentation materials, and present findings of the assessment at workshops and seminars;
- Prepare and issue a call for papers, and provide support and guidance in screening paper abstracts and selecting acceptable paper abstracts for the conference;
- Review the accepted case studies and research papers presented at the conference, and prepare a report on good practices and lessons identified from the case studies and research papers presented at the conference as well as recommendations for programs of national and international study tours;
- Suggest themes of action research projects, and provide support and guidance in preparing the concept, methodology, and work plan of two or three action research projects; document the process of developing and implementing new or improved teaching, learning, and support systems and resources using ICT, challenges encountered and lessons learned; collecting and analyzing data; preparing reports of the action research projects;
- Prepare an analytical report on the action research projects with recommendations for extending the systems and resources to other primary schools and village primary teaching facilities; and
- Prepare presentation materials, and present findings from the action research projects and recommendations at workshops and seminars.
Timeframe: October 2019 - May 2021
Realated Countries: China
Client(s): ADB, Gansu Finance Department
Categories: Education and Skills Development, Technical Assistant