TA team assisted the Government to further develop its capacity in improving aid effectiveness in collaboration with the Round Table Process (RTP). The TA delivered the following outputs:
- A strengthened RTP coordination process, including improved baseline data, diagnostic analysis, and monitoring reports.
- Common development partner arrangements, simplified procedures and collaboration in preparing core economic and analytic studies.
- Enhanced capacity of the Department of International Cooperation (DIC), including units at the provincial level and increased local authority.
- A strengthened capacity of the infrastructure and macroeconomics/private sector. Sector Working Groups (SWGs) and line ministries to coordinate policy and program approaches, and to improve inter-sectoral synergies.
- Better understanding of the interrelationship between program budgeting and aid effectiveness.
Timeframe: June, 2009 - June, 2011
Realated Countries: Laos
Categories: Public Administration and Governance, Capacity Building and Management Reform and Human Resources Management, Public Administration and Governance