The purpose of this project was to increase relevant UK stakeholder’s awareness of the various opportunities available in Bangladesh for successful collaboration, research and exchange program in the Education and Skills sectors. This project also involved analyzing and identifying existing barriers for foreign education providers and the key stakeholder (government/decision makers) involvement and actions necessary to minimize and eradicate these barriers. Moreover, this project proved to be beneficial for Bangladesh and UK Institutions and multipliers, to become more conscious of the priority areas and activities suitable for bilateral and prospective collaborations that add value to existing programs.
The various tasks that the consultant required to carry out for this ongoing UKTI project included –
- Assessing the expectations and implications from the inputs by UKTI
- Discussing issues with some key participants of the round table conference to have a preliminary idea of the opportunities and barriers
- Carrying out a preliminary assessment to identify areas of opportunities for UK in Higher Education and professional/vocational training in Bangladesh.
- Preparing the first draft of the report, identifying the various opportunities for successful collaboration, research and exchange program in the Education and Skills sectors.
- Analyzing and identify existing barriers for foreign education providers.
- Identifying various key stakeholder (government/decision makers) involvement and actions necessary to minimize and eradicate the barriers.
- The consultant would meet with various key stakeholders (government and private organization) in order to incorporate the required information into the report.
Timeframe: September 2012 - October 2012
Realated Countries: Bangladesh
Client(s): UK Trade and Investment
Categories: Education and Skills Development, Research and Study